3/25/07

it is to puke


my gorge rose and my jaw dropped in earnest sorrow when yesterday I learned that one of my Eternal Top Five Records, Spiderland, is being performed in its entirety this July in NYC by the very people who created it, those people being Slint. and, it being in the top five of enough people to sell out two shows before I even have a chance to think about getting myself to New York this summer, I'm just gonna have to swallow it. this is going to be just like when R.E.M. played what turned out to be thier last passably decent tour and when the nearest show rolled around, I was onstage doing some indie play, "Radio Free Europe" coursing through my head and drowning out my scene partner's words. Or when Milli Vanilli played Parlee Beach and all my best friend and I could do was take a ghetto blaster and Girl You Know It's True down to the frigidly windy shores of the Atlantic.

No comments: