2/28/07

not to mention he's narcissistic

I was given a Myers-Briggs test today and like they will, it spun my head around. Some of those tests are mildy enlightening curiosities, but this one plain cleaned my clock. For those of you familiar with this I turned up an 'INFP', which means 'Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving', or 'Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition'. Everything following is absolutely true of me. Some excerpts:

Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose?

They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things.

They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help them define or refine their own path in life.

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are very hand on themselves and don't give themselves enough credit. They may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members of the group.

They are usually talented writers. They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper.

And so forth, ad absurdum. Basically a plain language, point-by-point description of my oh-so-unique inner being. Same with everyone else in the room. My most topically impactful revelation, however, was in a chart outlining natural career choices by these very specific types. It very specifically separated 'Drama & Acting', and 'Performing Arts' from 'Creative Writing'. My decision to back away from acting came from very, very deep down, and, as elucidated above, from an intuition. When I wasn't listening as closely to these intuitions in the past, I still knew that my heart wasn't 100% behind acting, and as far as I saw it then I was hewing to the old chestnut from the theatre world- "If you ever want to do anything other than this- do it." So I am, I have been- but I still write. It all jives.
Also, though, I've always known, or at least since I was in my late teens, that I didn't want to be forever married to one mode of life; that I wanted to experience things from as many perspectives as I could, live as many lives as I could on this one mortal coil. It's all a part of that.

If none of that interests anyone (see today's title), I did one of those Google "---- looks like" searches a while back, and, more tea-leaf-like, it turned up some things that made me laugh and think, and in their contradictory diversity are kind of accurate as well, some of them oddly poetic.

Nate looks like:

-some bum that just crawled off his couch, stringy hair, gruff face
-a huge tool with no game
-an ass to the rest of the world, but if you know him, he's actually a pretty good guy underneath
-a totally different person
-he's going to be a problem for Bermuda
- he missed the party
- he just can't wait for that flash
- a Charlie Ward type, solid but unspectacular
- he's been in a few fights, or at least his nose has
- a little kid
- a beast
- he's got a thirty-year old head on a kid's body
- he's going to the prom with his mother
- he's coming on strong as well (if that's him)
- he's going to start blogging
- a 17 year old who really needs a shower
- a pretty damn good kisser
- a twig
- more of a mess than ever
- the kind of guy someone would have cast to play the handsome but pensive friend to the slightly more handsome central protagonist in a Joss Whedon show
- he'll be the number two starting pitcher this spring

No comments: