6/3/08

Bananas. BANANAS! List archive- singles

Yikes, maybe more interesting than the films-- here are my top ten pop singles from 87-93, cut down from my personal list of 30 (!) each year- I could never manage this now. Look out below for the TOP 25 SINGLES OF THE 80's, which is actually pretty hot.

1987

10. Bob Seger, 'Shakedown'
9. Bananarama, 'I Heard A Rumor'
8. U2, 'Where The Streets Have No Name'
7. Los Lobos, 'Come On Let's Go'
6. George Michael, 'I Want Your Sex'
5. Beastie Boys, 'Fight For Your Right'
4. Sting, 'We'll Be Together'
3. A-ha, 'The Living Daylights'
2. U2, 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'
1. Los Lobos, 'La Bamba'

1988

10. INXS, 'Need You Tonight'
9. Bon Jovi, 'Bad Medicine'
8. Terence Trent D'arby, 'Wishing Well'
7. UB40, 'Red Red Wine'
6. Tracy Chapman, 'Fast Car'
5. INXS, 'Never Tear Us Apart'
4. Midnight Oil, 'Beds Are Burning'
3. U2, 'Desire'
2. Guns N' Roses, 'Sweet Child O' Mine'
1. INXS, 'New Sensation'

1989

10. R.E.M., 'Pop Song 89'
9. The Cure, 'Lovesong'
8. Edie Brickell and New Bohemians, 'What I Am'
7. The B-52's, 'Love Shack'
6. Tone Loc, 'Wild Thing'
5. Love and Rockets, 'So Alive'
4. John Cougar Mellencamp, 'Jackie Brown'
3. Milli Vanilli, 'Baby, Don't Forget My Number'
2. Prince, 'Batdance'
1. R.E.M., 'Stand'

1990

10. Vanilla Ice, 'Ice Ice Baby'
9. Jon Bon Jovi, 'Blaze Of Glory'
8. Faith No More, 'Epic'
7. The Northern Pikes, 'Girl With A Problem'
6. Depeche Mode, 'Policy Of Truth'
5. The Northern Pikes, 'She Ain't Pretty'
4. INXS, 'Suicide Blonde'
3. Julee Cruise, 'Falling'
2. Depeche Mode, 'Enjoy The Silence'
1. Sinead O'Connor, 'Nothing Compares 2 U'

1991

10. Sting, 'All This Time'
9. U2, 'The Fly'
8. Extreme, 'More Than Words'
7. Bryan Adams, '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You'
6. Enigma, 'Sadeness Part One'
5. R.E.M., 'Shiny Happy People'
4. EMF, 'Unbelievable'
3. Crash Test Dummies, 'Superman's Song'
2. Jesus Jones, 'Right Here, Right Now'
1. R.E.M., 'Losing My Religion'

1992

10. INXS, 'Not Enough Time'
9. En Vogue, 'My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)'
8. The Cure, 'Friday I'm In Love'
7. Eric Clapton, 'Tears In Heaven'
6. Barenaked Ladies, 'Enid'
5. U2, 'Mysterious Ways'
4. R.E.M., 'Drive'
3. Guns N' Roses, 'November Rain'
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers, 'Under The Bridge'
1. U2, 'One'

1993

10. R.E.M., 'Everybody Hurts'
9. Nirvana, 'Heart-Shaped Box'
8. Leonard Cohen, 'Closing Time'
7. The Rankin Family, 'Fare Thee Well Love'
6. The Proclaimers, 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)'
5. U2, 'Numb'
4. Blind Melon, 'No Rain'
3. R.E.M., 'Man On The Moon'
2. Spin Doctors, 'Two Princes'
1. Soul Asylum, 'Runaway Train'

THE BEST SINGLES OF THE 80's

25. Culture Club, 'Karma Chameleon'
24. UB40, 'Red Red Wine'
23. Duran Duran, 'Notorious'
22. XTC, 'Dear God'
21. The Smiths, 'How Soon Is Now?'
20. A-ha, 'Take On Me'
19. The Eurythmics, 'Sweet Dreams'
18. Tears For Fears, 'Shout'
17. New Order, 'Bizarre Love Triangle'
16. The Ramones, 'I Wanna Be Sedated'
15. Men At Work, 'Who Can It Be Now?'
14. Peter Gabriel, 'Sledgehammer'
13. The J. Geils Band, 'Freeze-Frame'
12. Men Without Hats, 'Safety Dance'
11. R.E.M., 'The One I Love'
10. Pink Floyd, 'Learning To Fly'
9. Corey Hart, 'Sunglasses At Night'
8. U2, 'With Or Without You'
7. John Cougar, 'Jack And Diane'
6. Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, 'Boy Inside The Man'
5. Guns N' Roses, 'Sweet Child O' Mine'
4. Crowded House, 'Don't Dream It's Over'
3. Dexy's Midnight Runners, 'Come On Eileen'
2. The Alan Parsons Project, 'Eye In The Sky'
1. The Police, 'Every Breath You Take'

I smell a summer mix CD.

No comments: